Crumlin Fuel Depot, Coal Merchants Dublin
Simple Safety Tips for Open Fires & Solid Fuel Stoves from Coal Merchants Dublin
Solid Fuel Stove - Coal Merchants Dublin
As austerity bites everywhere and oil prices continue on an upward spiral, Coal Merchants across the nation have seen a slight but welcomed upturn in business. Meanwhile, natural gas prices have increased by more than 30% in Ireland in the last year alone. Some of these are returning customers who had changed to oil or gas heating some years ago when times were better, but are now using their existing open fire again in the evenings and at weekends as a suppliment to their main supply, and to significantly reduce their oil or gas bills at the same time. Others are people who are now discovering the warm and welcoming wonder of an open fire for the first time. Furthermore, an increasing number of families are installing one of the many stylish and highly efficient solid fuel stoves that are available on the market now. What’s the common denominator among these people? 1. More predictable and more easily managed bills and 2. The unbeatable cosy comfort of a real fire.
Robert Hudson of Crumlin Fuel Depot, Coal Merchants Dublin said, “As oil and gas prices have increased enormously, we have managed to drive down our costs to maintain our prices at the same, or even more competitive levels and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future”. Most coal merchants have seen an increase in people returning to the trusty open fire or solid fuel stove as hard pressed families juggle reduced incomes with increased energy costs. However, Robert Hudson, the 4th generation of his family of traditional Dublin coal merchants, continued “while there has never been a better time to enjoy the cosy comfort of a real fire, it’s also a perfect time to remind ourselves, and those around us, of a few simple safety tips.”
Coal Merchants Dublin Simple Safety Tips
1. Always use a Fire Guard on all open fires.
2. Never leave children or people with mobility difficulties alone near an open fire or solid fuel stove.
3. Be careful not to leave kindling, fire lighters, or exposed fuel close to the fire.
4. Never attempt to dry clothes by the fireside or solid fuel stove.
5. Be extremely careful using a mirror over the mantle, particularly children with loose clothing/night clothes.
6. Have your chimney swept at least one a year when mostly using smokeless fuel, and twice a year when using predominently bituminous coal (smokey coal), wood, briquettes or turf.
7. Install a carbon monoxide detector as with all oil, gas and solid fuel heating.
8. Install smoke alarms throughout your home (and regularly check that the batteries are working).
9. Only use quality fuels that are approved and suitable for your particular fire or solid fuel stove.
10. CHECK THE BATTERIES in your Smoke Alarms and Carbon Monoxide Detectors TODAY
Enjoy the warm and welcoming glow of a real fire with family and friends, or put your feet up and steal a few moments alone by the fireside with a good book or a movie, secure in the knowledge that everything is safe and sound.
Robert Hudson is the 4th. generation of his family of Traditional Coal Merchants Dublin.
Crumlin Fuel Depot, Coal Merchants Dublin is a family run Smokeless Fuel and Coal Suppliers for more than 30 years, with daily smokeless coal delivery Dublin South Side, and regular smokeless coal delivery Dublin all areas.
To contact Robert Hudson or Crumlin Fuel Depot, Coal Merchants Dublin see www.coalmerchantsdublin.com email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01 459 3861